Thursday, December 10, 2015

Copper(II) Chloride and Iron Lab: Day 1

This lab we reacted Cooper 2 Chloride and an iron nail. It was an interesting lab that reacting quickly. You could see the copper attaching to the nail immediately after the nail was placed in the solution. The objective of the lab is to determine whether the nail is Iron 2 or 3. We will be able to determine this based on the theoretical outcome and the actual outcome we achieve. It is a 3 day lab so I will give you an update soon!

Here is a photo of the start of the reaction:
Day 1

1 comment:

  1. Great description of the lab! I am surprised to hear that yours started to react right away. I didn't really pay that much attention to ours once we put the nail in today because I thought Mrs. Frankenberg said it would take a day. I love the picture in your post. It was very close up and detailed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete