Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Activity Series Lab

Today we performed a lab that tested about 6 different elements with different solutions to see if we obtained reactions. The number of times the element reacted gave us a good idea of how they fall on an Activity Series table.

Here is a photo of the lab:
You can see the Calcium reacting to a solution.
I am currently working on the equations but this was definitely good practice! I learn better with hands on experiments and this is doing the trick for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Your picture is really interesting. I like that it shows some of the reactions taking place, and I agree that having some hands on experience in this area was pretty helpful in aiding me to remember how to write out equations and work them through properly.

    ReplyDelete